Old Academy Players welcomes new talent! Please note that we are a non-profit community theater and that all roles are performed on a volunteer basis. Please check this site for audition information which appears throughout the season. If you are auditioning for a show, please complete our Audition Form in advance of the audition.
Eurydice (pronounced “yer-í-di-see”) by Sarah Ruhl.
Auditions are Sat June 23, 10 AM.
Performance dates are: Nov 2–18 (Fridays and Saturdays at 8, Sundays Nov 11 and 18 at 2).
Rehearsals to begin in early to mid August.
Cuttings from the script will be posted soon.
Actors of all ethnicities are encouraged to audition.
– Eurydice: 20’s, early 30’s. She loves books. She dies and goes to the Underworld.
– Her Father: 40’s-60’s. He is dead and is reunited with Eurydice in the Underworld
– Orpheus: her fiancé/husband, 20’s-30’s. A musician. He tries to bring Eurydice back from the Underworld.
– A Nasty Interesting Man/Lord of the Underworld: any age. AKA Satan. A comic character.
– Big Stone:
– Little Stone:
– Loud Stone: The stones are comic/obnoxious characters in the underworld. The playwright writes: “the stones might be played as though they are nasty children at a birthday party”. Any age or gender.
For more information, please contact the director, Jane Jennings, at email@example.com.